Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday morning!

What a day.

We were awake at the crack of dawn (5am for K. and 5.40 for me) as, for some unknown reason the heating had come on and it took a while to sort out. Tried to go back to sleep and failed so after some tea I decided that it was a nice morning for a ride.

By 7.05 I was cycling up Vale Street to town and then heading out towards Nantglyn with the sun on my back. This is a quiet road so I was on my own pretty much the whole way.

The road to Nantglyn is not too challenging but once there I turned right to head up to Groes and back down. Aarrrgh! what a climb and a perfect demonstration of how much more work I need to do to get properly fit (Rules 5, 10 and 20 apply here). The bike doesn't help as it is heavy and not a road bike.

The map makes it look deceptively easy. It wasn't!

The Cat (JoD)

No comments:

Post a Comment