Monday, January 30, 2012

Sport Relief

Just a short post to say that I have signed up to do some fund-raising for Sport Relief by cycling up a hill and round a couple of lakes on the Denbigh Moors. The route is a combination of three that I have done in the past and includes the challenging Peniel Hill - a 17% gradient. Lots of training for that alone. I got in a good training ride on Sunday. I'm fitter than I think after the excesses of Christmas and the New Year.



Oh yes! While I'm here I realised anew why I live and work in North Wales today. I was driving on the A55 eastbound between Llangefni and Bangor this morning. The weather was glorious and the meeting I had just been at went well. I was suddenly confronted with a panoramic view of Snowdonia, covered in a light dusting of snow and topped with cloud.

Breathtaking! Achingly beautiful and majestic! Mere words do not do it justice. Nor does the phone camera. I must remember to carry a camera with me.



Enjoy.

JoD

No comments:

Post a Comment