Sunday, July 24, 2011

Great discovery.

What a great day it was today. Wall to wall sunshine so we got as much as possible done in the morning which left me time to go out for a ride this afternoon. I took off to Llandyrnog and the Rhewl -  a ride I have done before and is mapped here. When I got to Rhewl I looked at the footpath sign for Bontuchel and thought "I wonder where this goes?".





The path was a scenic route to Bontuchel called Lady Bagot's Drive. It follows the Afon Clwydog for a few km along a wooded valley and a gentle climb to Bontuchel. It rejoins made roads just outside the village and then there is a climb out again before heading down hill to Ruthin. The final section is a slog back to Denbigh on the A525 - not really a climb, just undulations. Altogether a good outing and surprisingly easy after a week without the bike in Devon.

I'm going to start taking a camera to snap some of the scenery.

JoD

No comments:

Post a Comment